Easy-To-Follow Guide on How to Change Facebook Page URL
Do you want to change Facebook Page URL? I’ll show how you can change it using simple steps but first you need to understand difference between Facebook Page Name, Facebook Page Username and Facebook Page URL. These are your Page main info and it can make big difference on whether you rank on Google or not. It can also be ideal marketing tool to draw more people to visit your page. Facebook page named “Holiday Destinations” don’t sound as half interesting as “Ideal Relaxing Holiday Destinations”. Think about it while you’re choosing Page Name. Also comes when choosing Page Username or URL.
- Facebook Page Name is official name/title you want to give to your Page. It can be business name like “Nike”, it can be name of your product like “Baby Shower Gifts” or it can be Page description like “Fun Facts” or “How To”.
- Facebook Page Username i basically #tag for your page, something that can help you rank in Google Search results. You can put Username to be same as Page Name or it can be something completely different. For example, your Page Name is “Baby Shower Gifts” and your Username can be @babyshowergifts or @giftsforbabyshower. This cannot be changed until you have at least 10 page Likes.
- Facebook Page URL is unique Facebook link for your Facebook Page and it is same as Username. This is very important when it comes to SEO. You should think really hard what it will be.
When you create a Facebook page which represents certain business or something else you provide that Page title that suits it. But, sometimes you want to change that title and then Facebook Page URL stays like the old page name. Why is that? Because Page Name and Page URL are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS and they can be same or entirely different, meaning you may change them separately. And you need them to be different or same for some reason, here is how to get it done.
How to Change Facebook Page URL?
If you want to change Facebook Page URL then take action by following these few Steps. It’s easy and anyone can do it. Just follow instructions and you will change URl if few seconds.
- Click on About settings on your left side. Here you’re are on Page Info page where you can change your page official website, Page Name or Page Username. You can see there are no option to change Page URL. That is because Page Username and Page URL ARE THE SAME THING. Hoover mouse over Username and click on Edit link.
- “Create Page Username” box will appear. Fill your Username in the Username box and then check availability. When the username is available, then green signal (√) will be indicated. Use your Page Name or other Username you think will gain you more traffic or will explain what’s your page is about (like we did). As you can see, our Page Name is Fun, Unique and Amazing Gift Ideas and our Username (URl) is amazongiftideas.
- In case the username isn’t available then you may mix various other words using the username. Try to be as imaginative as possible. After inputting a Ideal username click on “Create Username” button.
- “You are all set!” dialog box will appear. Click on “OK” button and your Facebook Page URL is changed. This is our other Facebook page we changed just so you can see how it’s done. And that’s it! Congratulation!
– IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FACEBOOK PLUGINS! –
Changing your Page URL will not change your Page name (the title that appears under your cover photo) but be mindful that as soon as you’ve put a new Facebook Page URL any links you left around web for your Page will no longer function. If you have Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox plugin on your blog, make Sure You change page url, because in the you don’t, once they click it, users will get this message:
This means that Google can’t find your Facebook Page on its old address (url). Change it, refresh and clean cash to avoid this kind of errors.
Facebook Pages are powerful tool you can use for both business and socializing. Why is that? Facebook Pages are similar to profiles, but as profiles for companies, organizations, and public figures. Users may like a Page, so they will automatically get updates from this page on their news feed. While profiles demand a mutual connection between Facebook friends, pages may be enjoyed by anybody, without a necessity for the Pages creator to make profile friends. They also don’t have a limitation on the amount of friends/fans they could have, like profiles, that can be restricted to 5,000 buddies.
Facebook is large. As the largest social networking on earth, it’s over 1.23 billion busy users, 62 percent of whom log into on a daily basis. Facebook moved from being unknown a bit over a decade back to billions of individuals using it now. Has there been a success such as Facebook? Facebook includes three tools: Pages, Ads and Groups which may be used by anyone. All the choices has its own intent, and they can be Combined for increased advantage.
Change Facebook Page URL Rules
Not surprisingly, Facebook includes a rules about user change Facebook page url. Keep these in mind to avoid any inconvenience like getting banned or rejected.
- You can not maintain a username someone else is currently using.
- Pick a username you’re going to be happy with for the long term. Usernames aren’t transferable and you can only change your username after.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”) .
- Your username should be as close as possible to your name or the name of the company or person your Page represents (ex: John.Smith, Facebook).
- Periods (“.”) And capitalization don’t count as part of a username. By way of instance, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the exact same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters and can not contain generic phrases.
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Obligations.